Subscribe to get the latest
#49 Remote Work Before, During and After the Pandemic
on Wed May 05 2021 17:00:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
In this episode, Darren talks with Rachel Dreikosen, Business Development Manager in Public Sector at Intel, about how COVID-19 has effective her work-life balance and why she started a blog to help other female technical sales professionals.
They identified four areas that have helped them not only survive but excel during this unusual time: Anticipate your manager’s needs, Communicate like your job depends on it (because it for sure does), Wave your flag by waving the flag for others, Block! That! Calendar!
- Guess what reporting your manager needs and have the information at your fingertips.
- Sales reports, project status, and customer status should be proactively created.
- Do not fill other’s email box with useless information
- Put your ask at the beginning of the email. Then add backup information.
- Give your team a summary of what you are doing with helpful information.
- A key component of success at any company is having visible, tangible accomplishments.
- You cannot always put your head down and work and hope it speaks for itself.
- Recognize others that helped you close the deal or finish the project.
- Set boundaries for family time and when work ends and begins.
- Block off time for “you” time. You need time to rest your brain.
- Set 5-10 minutes break between meetings,
- Time to process your inbox
- Time at the end of the day to process your day